STIR THINGS UP!
Our satisfaction comes from sharing what we know. Good cooking and great eating can be as easy as combining a few fresh ingredients with a little bit of know-how. Kristina, and our guest teachers, revel in introducing people to great food, simple formulas, tested techniques and creative recipes. Our goal, when you come to our kitchen, is to inspire you to try new things and to have more fun in your own kitchen.
Everyone is invited to participate in our cooking classes. We look forward to introducing you to novel ingredients, clever tools, as well as new techniques. Many of the ingredients Kristina uses in our classes are available in our pantry so that you can recreate the recipe at home.
We teach demonstration-style in our kitchen classroom and students sit up close to the instructor so that they can see, smell and taste every detail! Classes are limited to 12 students, depending on the program, to ensure that everyone can effectively participate.
To register for a class or an event, please call 831-393-1042 and be prepared to give you credit card information to secure your place in the class. For more information email Linda@stonecreekkitchen.com.
Cancellation policy: If you cannot attend the class you have registered for we will gladly reschedule you for another class in the future, if you call at least 3 days in advance. If you cannot be rescheduled another class, we will refund your fee. Less than 3 days notice will result in loss of your class fee unless your seat can be filled by another student. If Stone Creek Kitchen must cancel a class, you may elect to take another class in the future or obtain a refund, whichever you prefer.
Kristina Scrivani, co-proprietor of Stone Creek Kitchen, is an excellent cook and experienced teacher well known for the many cooking classes and tasting events she conducted in Whole Foods Market Salud! in Monterey’s Del Monte Center. For more information about Kristina read her bio on the ABOUT US page.
Kari Bernardi, aka the Super Natural Chef, is a certified Gourmet Raw Food Chef and Instructor. She is the founding Director of CSU Monterey Bay’s Farm to School Partnership and former Faculty Member of Living Light Culinary Arts Institute. Kari has been instrumental in writing healthy school food policies, bringing fresh organic fruits and vegetables into schools and teaching farm fresh nutrition education to students around the world. For over 20 years Kari has shared her teaching expertise to help people thrive on a plant-based diet and has taught students from 5 years old to 95 years young.
To register call us at 831-393-1042
Class: Fish Techniques ~ The Next Step
Tuesday, September 22
6:30 to 9:00 pm
Our Fish in a Flash classes are so popular that we are adding a slightly more advanced class. In this class we will create three fantastic seafood dishes that are certainly holiday worthy! As always you will learn everyday formulas and techniques that you will use regularly.
- Crab Stuffed Artichoke with Cheesy Sauce
- Paper wrapped Fish with Julienned Vegetables and Compound Herb Butter
- Tender Fillet of Sole filled with Shrimp over sautéed Spinach with roasted Tomato Coulee
Class: Crazy Good Vegetarian
Tuesday, September 29
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Create three wholesome dishes that are both delicious and unique. Learn to incorporate more nutritious ingredients into every meal while never giving up flavor or satisfaction! This class will include instruction, recipes, menu tasting and glass of wine.
- Cheesy Green Chili Corn Pie
- Pumpkin Cous Cous with Saffron Honey
- Grilled Pizza topped with Roasted Butternut Squash, Cippolini Onions & Fontina
Class: Fall Entertaining with Family & Friends
Tuesday, October 6
6:30 to 9:00 pm
Invite your nearest and dearest for this evening of good conversation and comfort food featuring the season’s best ingredients. Class includes; instruction, recipes, menu tasting and wine tasting.
- Warm Pear & Spinach Salad bathed in rich Anjou Pear, Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
- All Natural Veal Chop with Calvados Cream Reduction
- Buttery Root Vegetable Smash
- Sweet & Spicy Garlicky Green Beans
Tasting: Small Bite Entertaining with Lumen Winery
Friday, October 9
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Join us for this fun and informative tasting event with local winemaker, Will Henry, of Lumen Wines. Kristina will assemble assorted small bites while we taste the new release line up from Lumen. Will’s wines have long been on our annual list of delicious, affordable and food-friendly bottles we recommend as terrific companions to any menu. So, come taste, savor, learn and explore!
Class: Holiday Pies & Tarts
Tuesday, October 13
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Learn to create show stopping desserts at home. These pies and tarts are just the beginning of what you will learn. This class will include helpful tips and tricks to make this form of baking a breeze. Nothing says “I care” more than homemade pie! Class includes instruction, recipes, beverages and menu tasting.
- Roasted Pear Buckle with Walnut Streusel Topping
- Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Spiced Pumpkin Pie with fresh Ginger Whipped Cream
Winemaker Dinner in the Kitchen: Wrath Vineyards
Friday, October 16
The final Dinner in the Kitchen of 2015 promises to be one of the most memorable. We are partnering with Wrath Vineyards, a small production, local winery that routinely receives 90+ ratings for its limited releases.
Meet the winemaker, Sabrine Rodems, and learn about the wines she made and will pour to complement this menu:
- Soft Goat Cheese. Pumpkin Seeds. Fennel Pollen. Wrath Fermata Chardonnay
- Goose Pate. Sour Cherries. Rye Toast. Wrath Swan/828 Pinot Noir
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup. Piquillo Pepper. Speck Lardoon. Wrath Ex Vite Pinot Noir
- Side-by-Side: Warm Spinach Salad. Crispy Duck Leg. Wrath Pinot Noir Boekenoogen Vineyard. Wrath Pinot Noir Tondre Grapefield
- Pork Roast. Wrath KW Ranch Syrah Reduction. Stuffing. Wrath KW Ranch Syrah
- Dark Chocolate. Amarena Cherries. Wrath Doctor’s Vineyard Syrah
Join us in our cozy teaching kitchen and watch your dinner is prepared. Guests are seated communally at tables of 8 (so you might sit next to someone you haven’t met yet) or entire tables can be reserved.
Class: Travel to Morocco for the Holidays!
Tuesday, October 20
6:30 – 9:00 pm
Back by popular demand! We are returning to the Kasbah, with its rich and mysterious sights and smells, to inspire a new holiday menu. So, join us for this magic carpet ride to the land of spice markets and savory Tagines. In this class we will discover authentic ingredients while learning the simple techniques that build layers of exotic flavors.
- Olives, Harissa and Sheep Cheeses
- Turkey B’stila Hand-held Pies – Savory Spiced Turkey & Almonds in flakey pastry
- Rich Seafood Tagine with Lemon & Pomegranate
- Pumpkin Cous Cous with Honey & Mints
Class: Holiday Side Dishes That Sing
Thursday, October 22
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Learn three recipes for classic side dishes each with a tantalizing new twist. Feel proud at your next holiday celebration with these new formulas in your apron pocket. Class includes; instruction, recipes, menu and wine tasting.
- Tied Holiday Tamales stuffed with Corn, Caramelized Onions & Green Chili
- Spiced Szechuan Green Beans with Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Pumpkin Orzo Salad with plump Dried Cherries & Spinach
Class: Holiday Pan Sauces & Gravies
Tuesday, October 27
6:30 to 8:30 pm
Autumn is a magical time for rich earthy sauces and gravies, which are the perfect finish to roasted meats and poultry. This class focuses on techniques that can be used many different ways. If demi glace and pan juices seem complicated this is the class for you! Learn tips and tricks to making consistently delicious sauces and gravies. Class includes instruction, recipes, wine and menu tasting.
- Creamy Mustard Shallot Sauce – perfect with Beef Tenderloin or Oysters
- Rich Red wine Sauce – Delicious with Mushrooms, Lamb or Beef
- Old fashioned Roasted Turkey or Pork Gravy – to crown Turkey/Pork Roast
Class: The Joy of Roasting – Thanksgiving Made Easy
Thursday, October 29
6:30 to 9:30 pm
Have a stress free “Turkey Day” this year by learning some new tricks and techniques for a hassle free feast. Class includes; instruction, recipes, menu and wine tasting and pairing tips.
- Roasted Turkey, Gravy and Cranberry
- Buttery Old Fashioned Stuffing
- Curried Butternut Squash Puree
- Roasted Apple Pie with Drunken Port Cherries
REGISTRATION: To register for a class or an event, please come into the store, or call 831-393-1042 and be prepared to give your credit card information.
Cancellation policy: If you cannot attend the event you have registered for we will gladly reschedule you for another in the future or refund your fee with at least 3 days notice. Less than 3 day notice will result in loss of your fee unless we can sell your seat.
Note: Most of our classes are taught demonstration style and are not “hands-on.”